The Montmartre Mound (Butte Montmartre) -name given to the hill of Montmartre- is full of street artists (painters, sculptors and poets) who are essentially located on the Tertre Square (Place du Tertre). It is some king of a village with its own pace of life. You could even find a vineyard at the corner of the Rue des Saules and Rue Saint Vincent ! It is a very picturesque site.
"The Moulin Rouge" is a worldwide known Parisian cabaret thanks to its exceptional shows and to its famous French Cancan !
LE CIMETIERE DE MONTMARTRE
Address : 20, avenue Rachel - Metro : Place de Clichy (lines 2, 13)
The Montmartre cemetery is dedicated to famous people in the musical field (Berlioz, Offenbach), the letters field (Goncourt, Heinrich Heine) and, also the painting field. Some of the gravestones of this cemetery are quite interesting (I mean that they are artistically interesting).
- The Salvador Dali (Musée Salvador Dali)
- The Montmartre museum (Musée de Montmartre) Address : 12, rue Cortot - Metro : Lamarck Caulaincourt (line 12)
Located in the Rosimond townhouse, it presents the Montmartre history.
- The Jewish Art museum (Musée de l'Art Juif) Address : 42, rue des Saules - Metro : Lamarck Caulaincourt (line 12)
- The Max Fourny Museum of Naïve Art (Musée d'Art Naïf Max Fourny) Address : Halle Saint Pierre - 2, rue Ronsard - Metro : Anvers (line 2)
- The Marty Chapel (chapelle du Martyre) Address : 9, rue Yvonne Le Tac - Metro : Pigalle (lines 2, 12)
- The Saint Jean Evangelist church (église Saint Jean l'Evangéliste) Address : 19, rue des Abesses - Metro : Abesses (line 12)
It is located on the Abbesses Square (Place des Abbesses). Distinguishing feature : it is reinforced concrete ! This church is also called the Saint Jean of Bricks church (église Saint Jean de Briques) as it is covered with bricks.
- The Saint Pierre of Montmartre (église Saint Pierre de Montmartre) Address : 2, rue du Mont-Cenis - Metro : Abesses (line 12)
It is one of the oldest churches of Paris and the only testimony of the powerful abbey of Montmartre.